In the News
Residential Coordinator Job PositionTuesday, December 5, 2017
The Heart of Hastings Hospice is looking at exciting new opportunities. Be a part of a compassionate dynamic team! Hospice seeks a full time Residential Coordinator. The position acts as a resource person for palliative clients and their families throughout their journey by coordinating care in the hospice, and facilitating bereavement peer support groups.
The role supports the organization by providing direct comfort measures to hospice residents and supporting volunteers who deliver our Residential Hospice program.
The ideal candidate will have an understanding of hospice palliative care, experience working with volunteers, strong leadership skills, interpersonal skills, excellent active listening skills to both spoken and unspoken communication, and understand the importance of boundaries and non judgemental care. An education in health or social services, personal comfort dealing with death and dying. Ability to work in end of life care, and work a flexible schedule including evenings and rotating on-call is a must.
Please email resume with covering letter by December 18th to firstname.lastname@example.org We thank all interested applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Residential Coordinator Position at The Heart of Hastings Hospice
We are a community-based, volunteer support service, dedicated to improving the quality of life for those diagnosed with a life-limiting illness and their loved ones. This position requires a client advocate who will further the spirit of Hospice palliative care in our communities by supporting clients through our programs and supporting the agency through awareness, education and funding activities.
Bereavement Support Program
• Act as a resource person for palliative and bereavement clients and families
• Assess bereavement clients for service, refer to other services when appropriate
• Create an electronic living care plan and maintain up to date client care records
• Maintain ongoing contact with clients and families to respond to evolving needs
• Facilitate grief groups – 6 wk series, monthly drop-in’s, remembrance honouring ceremonies
• Match clients with bereavement companion volunteers, coach volunteer on provision of support, monitor and support the client/volunteer relationship
• Offer one-to-one grief and bereavement visits (when a volunteer is not appropriate or available)
• Maintain knowledge of best practices in peer based grief support
Residential Hospice Program & Services
• Provide direct support, personal care, comfort measures and companionship to residents
• Provide emotional support to family, caregivers and friends of client
• Brief and debrief the volunteers at shift change and support, as required, during their shifts
• Monitor resident(s) and family’s needs and satisfaction
• Communicate with service provider agencies and physicians as required to ensure quality client care in a timely manner
• Coordinate client admissions
• Coordinate post death activities as required
• Maintain the Hospice house and office space in a clean and organized condition, supervising cleaning staff as required
• Assess grounds and house for safety and maintenance needs and coordinating repairs as needed
• Assist clients and families in accessing home care equipment and supplies at the Hospice, implementing an organized system
• Monitor, organize and order products as needed for the Residential Hospice program
• Supervise, mentor and provide support to volunteers
• Maintain knowledge of all relevant community resources to share with clients and liaise with agencies that need to be involved, on the client's behalf
• Develop and implement methods and materials, for ED approval, to inform the public and other service providers of all Hospice program services and solicit volunteers (posters, website, social media etc)
• Participate in community outreach activities and fundraising events
• Meet strategic planning goals through a self-developed work plan and compiling statistics to support this on a monthly basis and submit to ED
• Participate in board presentations, special committees, and external agency groups as assigned by the ED
• Read, refer to and act in accordance with all policies and procedures and recommend changes as necessary (ie Privacy and Confidentiality, Health and Safety, Risk Management etc)
• Seek out and participate in educational opportunities
• Participate in and contribute to staff meetings
• Contribute to a positive working environment and team atmosphere
• Required to work flexible hours (evenings, weekends and on call)